Kinect Sensor & Isadora on OSX 10.6.8?

• Hi all.  Following the tutorials for the Kinect (model 1473) I downloaded Processing 2.2.1, but I can't run it on OSX 10.6.8.
    I tried with Processing 1.5.1 and manually downloading and installing oscP5 and Syphon for Processing (unfortunately the oldest version I could find on the Syphon website is for Processing 2).  Not surprisingly I get a series of errors when Processing tries to set up Syphon.

Does anybody have the Kinect working with OS 10.6.8?

Thanks for any help,

Eric 886ae2-screen-shot-2016-07-25-at-12.34.12.png

• Sorry I can't be of much help here; not on 10.6.x

I wonder if @Marci could help us out here? 

• I know, I'm still in the stone age, but I really like 10.6.8...

• Kinect definitely works with 10.6 and Processing 1.5--if I recall, the last OpenNI 1 version of the SimpleOpenNI library should do the trick; it can handle both depth and skeleton tracking, and performs quite well. Syphon might be trickier, but try this:

http://lab.millumin.com/tutorials/?name=processing
    ...or, if you can use openFrameworks instead, addons of that vintage should be able to get you depth + skeleton + osc + Syphon in one app, and there are probably already a lot of similar examples out there that can run on 10.6.

• Tech Staff

I do not believe it's possible to follow the tutorials instructions with 10.6.x

As N1ckFG has noted it may be possible with other software configurations.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.