OK. First you guys all are an amazing group and the knowledge shared is priceless.
My problems are all solved. Here is my setup.
I am using a Macbook pro
15-inch, Early 2011
Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
The final setup will be the newest 13" macbook pros. Hope it would not be an issue.
So first I downloaded the driver from http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net as recommended for the PS3 eye and installed as instructed.
Then I got the following.
1. One Live feed is MIni Dv cam into a firewire to thunderbolt. Any Mini DV would work, mine is an old Sony DCR-HC62 (640/480)
2. One Live feed is Logitech C615 Webcam USB. In full res I am getting 1600/1200
3. One Live feed is Creative chat HD VF0700 Webcam USB. In full res I am getting 1600/1200
4. One Motu going out of the Firewire port (did not test yet).
I had to switch the USB connection once or twice but I got it to work in Izzy in 2 seconds. The setting option inside Izzy gave me all the adjustments I needed (Contracts brightness etc...).
When running all 3 I am getting a pretty choppy movement (when objects move fast in the frame) from the USB cams.
My frame rates running all 3 feeds fluctuate between 22-25 FPS.
When I take the Resolution of the web cams to Half (800X600) the movement is much smoother and the frame rates are around 29-30 FPS.
The delay is of a few frames (not sure how the measure exactly) and is consistent between all feeds.
The image quality of the Logitech C615 is much better than the live cam but they are both acceptable for my needs.
Further testing will include:
1. A good active USB extender.
2. Connecting 2 Firewire live feeds. (One, using the Thunderbolt to Firewire and one via the ADVC100.
Hope this helps someone.
By the way, Just out of curiosity I wanted to see if the FaceTime cam would give me the 4th feed but it did not want to join. I was able to see the feed in the preview window when I was playing around with the settings but nothing went to the feed.
I checked the Facetime cam on it own as an individual feed and it worked no problem. Not sure what is the reason.