Help Please: Who's seen this user interface drawing problem in 2.5.1? ("Smearing")

• Dear All,

On the interim forum, a user called @Gaz reported this really strange "screen smearing" issue. (He's not on this forum yet apparently.)

Basically, none of the solid fills (i.e, the background colors) are being drawn in the User Interface.

It you drag some actors, you get this crazy result:

It seems to be happening on a very limited number of machines, and may be related to the graphics card.

If you have this problem, please say so here. I cannot reproduce this at all, and will could use some help in sorting this one out.

If you see this behavior, could you try a couple of things:

1) If you chose "About Isadora..." from the Apple menu, does the splash screen draw properly?
    2) If you go to the View menu and choose "Zoom Out" and then "Default Zoom" does that fix the problem?

Thanks in Advance,
    Mark

• Tech Staff

• @crystalhorizon

Thanks A. @mc_monte: the post @crystalhorizon linked to is on a Touch Bar MBP with Sierra. You have one of those no? Do you see this behavior?

Best,
    Mark

• *sigh* Apple just won't let us have nice things. They seem intent on breaking everything every time they come out with something new.

• @Woland said:

*sigh* Apple just won't let us have nice things. They seem intent on breaking everything every time they come out with something new.

I hate to sound negative - but yeah.... Apple are killing it (and not in a good way!)

• @mark

I do have one of these machines, but have not witnessed this behaviour firsthand.

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.