assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Advice for custom build pc with 6 video outputs?

• Hi,

Can someone give me some advice for choosing the best hardware setup for Isadora.

I am going to custom build a new computer for a performance but I am not sure of the best hardware configuration.

It is not important if it is a PC or a Mac computer, but maybe a PC will give me more possibilities in choosing the right hardware and also getting more powerfull CPU, GPU and more RAM for less money

My budget is about 3000-3500$ for the computer alone.

I will need to output to 6 displays, a mix of 2 projectors and 4 monitors. 5 output on stage and one for Isadora. Preferable 1080x1920. It must be possible to play 5 different video clips at a time, some with effects applied.

I am also going to have 1 video input from a Marshall cv502 camera connected to a Blackmagic DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K (I already have the marshall camera and the decklink).

What is the best way of getting 6 video outputs?

I am thinking of maybe using two or more graphic cards with dual or tripple outputs, is that possible?

Jon

• @Jgelting go for a 1080ti and then use a single MST hub, turn off any integrated GFX and get a 1080ti with 4x Display port outputs. The MST hub will get 4x HD outputs from a single display port and then you have 3 other display port outputs, this gets you the 6 outputs and a control screen all from one video card. I just built a machine like this (but with a blackmagic duo 4x SDI input) and it is pretty amazing.

Only other real option is the over priced and outdated AMD W9100 fire pro.

• @Fred

The 1080ti with a MST hub sounds like a good solution. It will give me 6 displays on the scene + 1 control screen

I have no experience with the MST hub, does it make one wide display like a tripplehead2go, or does it make 4 independent displays?

If I go with the 4x MST hub, do I have to connect a display to all 4 ports or can I connect only 2 or 3?

• @Jgelting I had seen one system where it made a large display (like a matrix triple head) but apparently this was not standard and the unit I have and apparently all of them, make separate displays. Yes you can add as many as you need, there does not have to be 4.

Fred

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.