assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Has Anybody Tried Isadora on a Hackintosh?

• Has anybody tried Isadora on a Hackintosh?

This is purely to satisfy my personal curiosity, I'm not looking to actually do it.

I assume it'd be a nightmare to trouble-shoot the Frankenstein issues, but then again, it could be the best of both worlds.

Thoughts?

Best Wishes,

Woland (Lucas Wilson-Spiro)

• I tried and it worked great.

• @Woland I am going to be going there in the next few months:  I work in Windows but there are audio things I want to explore that are simplicity itself to do in Mac / Mac version of Isadora and stupidly difficult (for me, anyhow!) in Windows. Seems that the secret to success is build/buy a box that's already been tried and tested by the Hackintosh communities, of which the best seem to be tonymacx86.com and insanelymac.com. Am seeing some last-generation HP Workstations that are powerful machines and are easy to Hackintosh...

• @mark_m Good to know, thanks! 

• @ioio Nice to know it's possible, thanks!

• I had mixed results - some systems worked fine and others I couldn't get it to run at all. I never found out why.

• Tech Staff

@gavspav that was my intuitive feeling about this topic

• @crystalhorizon 

Yeah, that was sort of my fear, that it'd be nearly impossible to troubleshoot.

• And that's why I think you have to go with a tried and tested solution, rather than hoping for the best with the hardware you happen to have

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.