Sequential Trigger ++
Renamable output is a blocker but I will have a prototype for you tomorrow 😀
Interested in your approach. Let's create and compare
If I had really build it, I would have shared it with you. But it's seems too complicated for me !
I just build a fake user actor to have a visual..
But you had the idea, that's the important thing! I enjoy doing complex programming, and so I love searching the forum for interesting things to build.
I just build a fake user actor to have a visual.
Also don’t sell yourself short. Figuring out what you what, with what functions, and how to organize it in an efficient and useful manner is an important part of the process. Next comes the task of breaking down what you want to do into small, self-contained building blocks and getting each piece working individually. I look forward to having the time to sit down with this interesting idea.
Hi there @fifou,
I spent a part of my evening on this actor and I'm quite pleased with it. I came up with a Actor that I like to call IzzyGo. Give it a spin and let me know or you miss something / feel that something is funny and perhaps I can come up with a solution :) Sadly we can't name User Actor outputs in Isadora so that is something that didn't make it to this actor.
Good to know
The file 'scenes.js' Always has to be in the same folder as your Isadora file. So just keep them together :)
1. Open the file 'scenes.js' and add the names that you wish to use for your scenes. (Your default text editor on your PC / mac is fine.. Watch closely how it is formatted. If you mess this up, the actor will not work !)
2. Save the file
3. Place the User actor or open the example Isadora file.
4. Give a trigger or press 'GO' in the Isadora example file to trigger the 'Scene' output. Use something like an comparator to use this output to trigger certain cue's / etc.
- Next, Previous input triggers
- Go to Scene by Scene number
- Go to Scene by Scene Name
- Trigger input so that we can prepare a scene and then trigger it
- All scenes on the output are numbered automatically. So our first scene named 'Freeze' is called "1. Freeze"
And just to make it even better :) If we hookup a broadcaster that starts at a certain channel and a listener we can actually do exactly what you want (still no names..)
Now it will give a trigger to a listener for that scene. Let's say we put our base channel at 900
Scene #1 : 901
Scene #2 : 902
Scene #3 : 903
Here is the Sequence Trigger with receiver.izz updated file with a receiver example. Happy prototyping :)
bonemap last edited by
Great work! I think this can be modified for quite a few different applications are you OK with that? I am putting together a DMX sequencer and am just looking at the front end now something like this could work.
Hi there @bonemap,
Ofcourse I'm fine with that. This code / patch is public domain :)
What about using three sets of the Get Scene Name actor with wave generators connected to the “get” Input Parameter? Set one to -1 (previous Scene), one to 0 (current Scene), and one to +1 (next Scene). The add three User Outputs “Prev/Curr/Next Cue Name” and connect the text outputs of the Get Scene Name actors to them. Then give the Outputs Control IDs, make three new Text controls in your Control Panel, make them show linked properties, and label them. Only works for “parent” cues, i.e. Scenes, but it’s something.
If you’ve got all your Scene names in a file, you could also use the Read Text From File actor, right?
Wow! This is f***ing fantastic. I will probably use this in the show I'm currently building. Thanks so much!
Doesn't look like there's anything setup for Broadcasters in the "Receiver Version" you sent. Is there a new version of your IzzyGo Actor that has it?
Woooooww , this is getting out of hand ! We are far away from the original sequential trigger..
@Juriaan : Amazing work !
- We shouldn't use the term "scene" to avoid confusion.
- The sequential trigger idea was lost in the process.. When I fire trigger n°1, trigger n°2 has to take place automatically in the current output, and trigger n°3 in the next output. And so on when I fire trigger n°2
- I actually have sequential trigger in every scenes of my patches (2-3-4 triggers at least), how to simply deal with multiples instances of IzzyGo ?
The idea of using listeners to output triggers is a great one, it could simplify wiring on complex patches.
I had an idea, the morning after I have a prototype of it !
Thanks a lot Juriaan.
@ Woland : Thanks too for your interest.
All the best
Got ya @fifou. Let me make some adjustments and I will get back to you :)
Version 0.2 of IzzyGo is here. Thanks for the great feedback @fifou. I renamed the Outputs / control panel to not use the word 'scene' any longer.
- next / prev will now automatically trigger the output. (Hi Sequential trigger..)
- New option to include a triggerlist (filename) directly in the actor so that you can have multiple IzzyGo actors :)
- Go To Nr / Go To Name will not trigger the output automatically. So give the actor a Trigger / Go to do this. (Use-case when you wish to already set a scene..)
- The reset option will not trigger the output automatically. So give the actor a Trigger / Go to do this.
- Added new options to the Control panel
As Always if you have any feedback / see funky behavoir please let me know :)
To use multiple IzzyGo's just copy the file 'triggerlist.js' and rename them so that you have 3 different files.
Change the contents of the files to match your needs.
Set the filename of each actor. Default is triggerlist.js
Change the start channel of each actor.
Happy prototyping :)
It's getting better and better !
- I don't like the auto-trigger when previous or next. The idea is to a prepare a specific trigger (like go to trigger Nr) and then launch it.
- Maybe I wasn't clear : When I launch Trigger 1, i'd like the actor to prepare (not launch) automatically Trigger 2 in the "current" output.
Maybe "current" isn't the right denomination for this output, should we name it "Launch" or "to be Triggered"
At the end of the trigger list, when trigger 6 is launched, trigger 1 should be prepared again, an so on..
To summarize this trigger thing :
In my mind, the only thing that should be able to launch a trigger, is the trigger input. All the other functions (next, previous, go to ...) are here for recueing purposes.
- I don't quite understand the utility (usefulness ?) of the "current trigger" output. If you keep it, should it be better called "last triggered" (with associated trigger name) ?- Do you think it's possible to reduce the delays inside your actor ?
- How can I modify triggers (Use by example 15 triggers) ? Just by adding/removing names in triggerlist.js ?
Give me your thoughts about this and thanks for your work. This actor will be very handy in the future..
Hi there @fifou
- Current is there to showcase to us 'This is current the trigger that is being played." Last Triggered is not the right name since Current is the 'Current trigger that is going to be triggered / has been triggered'
- About the 'When the last trigger is launched it should go to 1' again. I don't know, personally I feel that they are two kinds, so that is why I'm going to include a mode.
Mode 1) Continue to first trigger after last trigger
Mode 2) That will just stop and needs to be 'reset' by the user by triggering the reset trigger.
- Let's see or I can actually reduce the delays.. Going to find a sweet spot for that :)
- You can add more triggers to a triggerlist by editing triggerlist.js and change the contents of the file. So let's say you wish to add a new trigger, just copy the prev line, paste it in below the line and change the line to have your trigger name. I will add an example file in Isadora for multiple IzzyGo's
Thanks for the feedback and will have something working tonight ;)
I'm a bit late in the discussion and I must admit I didn't read everything but this this is my solution for a sequential trigger ++
I've been using my own cue system for many years now. This system allows me to go back and forward during rehearsal.
(If I'm working with a lighting designer. My whole patch is dmx based so that every scene or cue has his own dmx channel.)