assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Macbook Pro 2016 and four Projectors

• Hi,

I'm new to Isadora and i found this great forum maybe someone can help me.

It's not a new question here, but somehow it seemed not quite solved. For a performance I need to play four Projectors from my

- Macbook Pro (15 " 2016) with 2,9 GHz i7, Intel HD Graphics 530, AMD Radeon Pro 460 Mac OS Sierra and four Usb-C Outputs.

Does anyone here has made some experience with this setting already?

Thanks in advance!

• Tech Staff

Hi Sebastian,

I have run mine with three outputs successfully (2x VGA and 1x HDMI). I don't have four USB-C adapters, so I've not tested it with more. I'm reasonably certain it will work, however.

Cheers

Monty

• Sebastian, I have output 3 HDMI Full HD signals from a 2015 MacBook Pro using 2X thunderbolt> HDMI adapters and the builtin HDMI connector. I believe 3 is the maximum for a MacBook Pro.

Don

• Hi Sebastiaan, I hope to have a Datapath FX4 very soon to go from a MacBook Pro 2017  to 4 SDI outputs. The Macbook output will act like one 4K output so gives me hopefully four 1080P outputs. Running multiple outputs over USB-C is really no  fun with all these adapters. I use the two USB-C cables; 1 for Datapath and the other for Thunderbolt 3 dock from OWC, giving ethernet, four USB ports, DisplayPort, Firewire , optical I/O and audio I/O. I let you know when I test it.

• Hello,

I just played four HD movies today from my Macbook Pro (15" 2017) with  Radeon Pro 560 via 4 USB-C to HDMI adaptors (one being connected to a Thunderbolt 3 dock in order to have power supply). The problem is: After a couple of minutes playing Isadora 2.6 is crashing. I do not know why.

• Thanks a lot for your replies!

So, I bought these bunch of adapters (3 x usb-c to hdmi and one multiple adapter hdmi to have the power supply) and today it worked with the four projectors!

But, to be true, I'm running with QLap, which I know better already (sorry Troikatronix;). So, I can't help you mrtz.

• @sebastiaan said:

it worked with the four projectors

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thanks for the information can you confirm that you had 4 x HD 1920 x 1080? also can you advise what Hz the displays were running at?

much appreciated.

best wishes

bonemap

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.