assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0-AJA U-TAP USB 3.0 Powered SDI and HDMI Capture

• Hello all.

I am ready to buy a capture device and I am confused what is better for isadora..

I know that blackmagic works but,

I don't know if AJA U-TAP is working with isadora and how can I connect them...

I have windows version of isadora.

Thank you in advance.

Tasos

• Beta Platinum

Hi there Tasos,

Welcome to the Isadora Community forum. The AJA U-TAP should theorically work, the only way to find out is be either sending a support request and asking the staff or they have any experience with it or by asking the community.

Sadly I don't know the device that you named and or it works with Isadora.

Regarding your choice of product :

The AJA U-TAP is basically a Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini (Retails for around 149 EURO) instead of the costy U-TAP that retails at 345 Dollar (!!), the only difference is that the Ultrastudio Mini is Thunderbolt and not a lot of Windows based PC / Laptops have Thunderbolt on them (They got USB C, but that is not Thunderbolt !)

If you just need a capture device and the SDI port is not required (With SDI you can make longer runs of cable) then try a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle (USB 3.0 edition, not the Thunderbolt one) https://www.blackmagicdesign.c...

If you have any questions, please feel free to post in this thread.

With kind regards,

Juriaan

• Tech Staff

I would recommend going the Black Magic route, as the hardware is well tested with Isadora, and the native drivers are integrated.
    The AJA may work well, but we have not tested it in house.