assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel
assurance-tunnel

​Kinect v2 Actor on Mac?

• Kinect v2 OpenNi Tracker and Skeleton Actor on Mac? Any chance you are  going to release it? 

Ive been testing the OpenNI Tracker actor with Realsense and Kinect v1 but have a bunch of students with Kinect v2s and macs and are opening to use native tool rather than Ni-mate. Also, LOVE the work you're doing with these sensors and the improvements to izzy.  The tutorial for the OpenNi tracker is great! 

thanks

• @josharoo4 said:

Kinect v2 OpenNi Tracker and Skeleton Actor on Mac? Any chance you are  going to release it? 

I have not focused on this 1) because I've been working hard on some awesome new audio features, and 2) because the coronavirus pandemic threw everything off starting about 10 days ago. I would love to, but I simply cannot say at the moment. The main problem now: I am on lock down, and I don't have a Kinect v2. How can I even get one?

That said, one important question: are your students using macOS, Windows, or both?

Best Wishes,
    Mark

• Tech Staff

At the moment the possibility to use the Kinect v2 also exists on Windows via @DusX 's Kinect2Share with Isadora 2.6.1 (and I think 3.0.7 as well because it uses OSC and Spout)

Theoretically you could have a Windows machine running this and stream the OSC and an NDI video feed to a number of Macs over a wired local area network.

• @mark TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE. AND Thanks so much for ALL that you do. Im sure you were totally swamped BEFORE all this started happening. 

I thought maybe since the V2 was listed as a possibility in the OpenNI tracker Read Me that there might already be some progress. Not sure about getting you a kinect v2,  but  Ha, I'd LOVE to mail you one from Boston!  I have a few spare.   Guess we'll just stick to our previous method via Ni-Mate for now. 

and

@Woland ,  many thanks about @DusX Kinect2Share. I've used it before with Izzy  2. (And many thanks to @DusX for all his amazing work). Havent tried in izzy3 but maybe I'll test tonight! The osC and NDI are good ideas but we're trying to figure out some remote learning options for my Interactive design class. Students with Macs and Windows in different places. In the past, we've been able to work together in one room. 

• Dear All,

A communi angel reached out to me today and he's sending me his Kinect v2 so I can work on this while in lockdown.

So maybe progress can be made.

Thank you @Fred ;-)

Warm Wishes,
    Mark

• @Fred Saves the Day again (and again and again and again).