[ANSWERED] RFID TAGS - Student projects don't work anymore
David last edited by Woland
I hope this finds you well.
Our art school bought RFID kits that worked fine last year. Especially for the 3rd year diplomas.
The company called Interface-Z provided a Max MSP patch that sends osc values to isadora when a tag is placed on the antenna.
Because the new kit runs too fast for Izzy to pick up the data apparently.
My issue is that the provided izzy patch doesn't work anymore on none of the school computers running v3.07.
The strange thing is that the machines hasn't been updated yet, so they are the same as last year running under Mojave.
I tried installing 3.08 but nothing : when you place the tag on the antenna, Izzy receives the data but the "identification-Tag" user actor doesn't output the registered tag to the trigger value (see RFID file provided)...
I've been at this for 2 weeks trying to find a solution before contacting the forum.
I was wondering if the issues comes from actors that needs to be updated in the patch ?
But it's just strange that it doesn't work anymore on none of the computers at school, and randomly on my personal computer running the same OS.
Please find attached the folder in case anyone figueres it out.
Stream Setup is empty
updating the file wiped stream setup oryou rebuilt the patch without entering things into Stream Setup. [Edit: I've made a test file in 3.0.1 and 3.0.7 with OSC channels in Stream Setup, saved it, then and opened it in 3.0.8 (both by updating it and by opening a copy) to check if the updating was the issue but my OSC addresses remained in Stream Setup.]
There are two ways to make the patch work again:
Solution 1: Look at an older version of the file that has the OSC addresses in Stream Setup and copy over the OSC addresses to this file.
- Open older files until you find one that doesn't have an empty Stream Setup
- Copy and paste the OSC addresses into a text file or take a screenshot
- Open the new file
- Make the Stream Setup OSC addresses and channels match the Stream Setup from the old file
Solution 2: Use "Auto-Detect Input" in Stream Setup and then give the OSC addresses the right channel numbers
- Start broadcasting with the RFID tags
- Launch the MaxMSP and Isadora files
- In Isadora, go to Stream Setup and check "Auto-Detect Input" to get the OSC addresses from the tags/MaxMSP
- Give the OSC addresses in Stream Setup the OSC channel numbers they need to match your User Actors.