Low power consumption lighting with EOS Nomad Gadget II
Safety Catch TV last edited by
Hello to any lighting kit boffins
Am trying to budget up some lighting gear for a 6 x 3.5 metre aluminium truss which will be dressed in white Trusssleeve for internal lighting as well as a vertically mounted projector (6.5 K lumens). This will form part of a touring rig which can be adapted in terms of scale to venues. It will be controlled through EOS Nomad Gadget II. Reason for low power consumption is some venues will not be theatres and there will be considerable other power usage from networked system to run the show. Budget is already stretched. I don't ask for much, I know.
I want to add:
- RGB LED tape internal to the truss that can be lit to varying degrees in response to movement - intensity /colour + how much of the tape if poss.
- Some small powerful dimmable parcans or similar with DMX control built in. Probably x 5 vertically hung, plus potentially others. I am even weighing up using some Birdies with GU 10 with trailedge dimmers but really not powerful enough in conjunction with any projection.
There are a ton of DJ style lights on offer. Hard to tell apart.
Any suggestions / types to look out for (thank you please!):
- highly controllable LED Tape brands / spec
- small powerful dimmable / responsive lights / brands / spec
LED Tape wise;
- Are you looking for addressable LED tape (so every single LED can be unique set to a specific color, fun for animations / etc) / or just RGBW ? How important is white accuracy for you, cold or warm ?