[RESOLVED] Issue with Elgato camlink 4K live capture
-
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help. I have a Mac laptop running 26.7.1 and Izzy USB 4.5.1. We have a camlink 4k that captures live video from the stage. Everything was working fine but overnight the computer updated to 26.7.1 and now Izzy doesn't "see" it in live capture settings. It was working fine before the update and it still works on my laptop that is running 26.7. Quicktime sees the camlink so it seems to be an Izzy issue, not a Mac issue. Any thoughts? I've tried rebooting, rebooting and then plugging in the camlink in all sorts of order. No dice. Izzy does see the FaceTime camera, so it seems to be an issue with the camlink. I've asked our IT dept to downgrade the laptop back to 26.7. We'll see what they say in the morning. I usually have them turn off auto updates but they just gave me a new laptop this year and I forgot. Lesson learned!
Thank you -
Frank Schneider
Latin School of Chicago
Faithful user of Izzy since 2
Macbook running 26.7.1
Isadora USB 4.5.1
-
Hello Frank, I have 2 suggestions:
1, open Live Capture Settings menu and check that only channel 1 video input is active. If channel 2, 3 or 4 has a tick next to it, and Elgato is the default device for one of these channels, then it won't show up in the list for channel 1. (I lost my facetime camera for 6 months when I didn't realise this)
2, try adding the Elgato through a USB hub. I had trouble connecting to mine the other day when it was plugged directly into the mac. -
@dbini Nope and nope. Thanks for the suggestions. I had already tried adding sources and seeing if they could "see' the camlink. And I tried going into a hub this morning and still nothing. I can see the camlink in the system report, and in QuickTime, but not in Izzy. And yes, I do quit system profile and QuickTime after I check them. And I try Izzy first, so neither of them is hogging it.
Apple seems to have broken something that Izzy uses when updating to 26.7.1. I'm open to other ideas...
My IT people will backdate the laptop, but that involves wiping the whole hard drive, and since I've done heavy customization that's not something I'm looking forward to. Thanks! FAS -
Update - IT has a laptop running 27.0 and it works. So they are doing some uninstall/reinstall Isadora and if that doesn't solve the problem they will update the booth laptop to 27.0 and see if that solves the issue. Thanks for your help - FAS
-
OK, lesson learned - it was a corrupt file at
/Users/theatre/Library/HTTPStorages/com.troikatronix.isadora
When IT uninstalled and reinstalled Izzy it works on 26.7.1. Live and learn. Thanks all! FAS