Intermittent flashes of black during HAP avi playback (Directshow)

• I'm using the newest 2.5 beta - my project consists of many scenes with video (1 x 1920x1080 HAP encoded AVI file in each scene). The HAP video clips all have embedded ACC audio. 
    First off, I notice a great improvement in playback especially at start of video and also when I switch between scenes - much better than if I encode my HAP videos with audio as Quicktime (mov). So this is really exciting for 2.5!
    However, I'm now experiencing lots of intermittent flashes of black during playback - less than a second each - but really noticeable.
    I'm playing the files off a solid state drive and my spec on two different PCs is pretty good (see below).
    Has anyone else experience this?
    Does anyone know of a current issue or workaround?

• Is the black flash at specific times in the video or random?

Just thinking is the file in question glitchy and need exporting again? 

• Tech Staff

Yes. I wonder what you used to make the Hap avi's?

• @DusX wasn't there an issue with what software you use to export to HAP?

• Tech Staff

I have only had success with Sony Vegas (any of the versions) and virtualdub

• I installed the codec from http://renderheads.com/product/hap-for-directshow/

Then I sucessfully rendered out all my 80 HAP files all with audio and some with alpha using After Effects CS6.
    The glitches (black flashes) don't always happen. And sometimes the whole sequence plays right the way through without any black flashes. But always after I've played the sequence through a few times back and forth (as I have interactive elements)  the video playback become glitchy - but never the same bits of the video so it's random. Could it be when Isadora drops a frame then it shows black instead of just hanging for a frame or so?
    I've also noticed my stage occasionally goes black completely and then the software crashes and becomes non responsive.  (I then have to ctrl + alt + del to get out) 

• Tech Staff

Please submit a support request (link in my signature) and I will have a look at your files.

Since this is a new codec that is being supported I suspect its file related, but its best to work through it in support.
    If you can share some of the videos, please provide a download link in the support request.

• @DusX ok, I've sent report via the link

• Tech Staff

Yes, I have the ticket and your hap files. Running a number of test now.
    Expect an update to the support ticket soon.

• I'd be interested to hear the result of this also :)

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.