selecting a clip file name

• Hello,

I have a couple of hundred short clips that have to be triggered sequentially, depending on the file name they need to be send to a different projector.
    For instance, clip "001_1 GE.mov" is sent to projector 1, clip "002_3 GO.mov" to projector 2 and so on. The last two characters define the person on stage and the projector it has to be sent to. When a new clip is triggered, all other projectors (the one's that are not triggered by  the currently selected file) should dump the clip they played previously.

I'm having a hard time getting my head around this one, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Klaas

• Tech Staff

@Klaas

I have attached a patch with 2 bin pickers. If you choose a movie in bin picker one it selects the movie for movie/proctor 1, triggers the value one for the visibility for itself and zero for movie/projector 2 and vice versa.

Best Michel

trigger1Dump1.izz

• Hello @Michel thanks for the patch. I think I'll be able to use this betterl then the toggle to separate true/false states. But I didn't make myself completely clear, I attached my current patch in this post.
    All files are triggered from 1 bin > 1 movie player / per scene. The clips should be depending on their filename, routed to a different projector (see the patch).

PreBuild.izz

• Tech Staff

@Klaas

Ok, I updated the patch where you can go further on by yourself. I used the text chopper and the text comparator, the text chopper makes sure you are only comparing the part of the movie text that is important.

Best Michel

prebuild_update.izz

• Thanks a lot @michel !!
    This is the fix I couldn't find and thanks for the quick responses.

All the best,
    Klaas

Looks like your connection to TroikaTronix Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.