DeckLink Quad 2 simultaneous input and output
CitizenJoe last edited by
For my next project, I'd like to use 3 live cameras coming into Isadora and then output to 8 unique "screens" (some projectors, some actual screens). This is a show about multiple live and recorded sources being mixed together and output to multiple screens/locations.
- BM ATEM Extreme ISO for the first input, mostly for the built in green screen capabilities and the fact that it becomes a USB input. This will have it's own control computer to feed the green screen video and so on and takes that load off of the Isadora computer;
- 2 of the channels on the Decklink as the other 2 inputs;
- 6 of the channels on the decklink as 6 outputs;
- 2 of the outputs from the GPU as the remaining 2 outputs;
- (1 output from the GPU for the control monitor).
Let's assume that we're not worried about the Isadora computer specs: Intel i9 12th Gen (i9-12900KF), 64GB 5600Mhz DDR5, 2x M.2 NVMe PCI-E SSD, GeForce RTX 3080 Ti VISION OC (LHR) 12GB. Windows 10 Pro.
Do any of you have any experience with any of these specific pieces of hardware? Any pitfalls or other thoughts that you'd be willing to share?
Thanks for any thoughts you may have!
I used an Decklink Quad 2 in an touring show (140 shows across different venues) which used an similar speced PC. The main thing that I saw with using the hardware is that 5% of the time your hardware is not seen by Windows / Isadora when you start up your show. During the show it is solid, but during init it may happen that you have to restart Isadora or Windows
Please reach out to Technical support to get the latest information regarding which version of the Blackmagic SDK you should install and which version of Isadora 3.x. I'm not totally sure or that makes an difference, but like anything with so many components one thing is key; TESTING TESTING TESTING. I seriously can't stress this enough.
Other then that a few tips that I have;
- Have an init scene that creates test images for every single screen / output / input that verifys that you are solid.
- Display order matters in this kind of configs! Either have an solid init process or use so called EDID emulator plugs to make sure that every single screen has the same Display ID / order ever single time that you plug them in
- Label those little connectors from Mini BNC to BNC.. And please unplug them every single time / have a few spare on hand because they are quite fragile if you dont take care of them.
CitizenJoe last edited by
Just posted the Isadora update with the BM fixes. (Isadora 3.2.4)