@fred Can you clarify a couple things for me when you create the slices in the mapper, on my end it stretches the image for the output, which I have to eyeball back into position so it isn't stretched on the output of the mapper. Is there any way to not have it stretch? I'd like to be precise. I think this is why @DusX and @bonemap were going for panners and choppers?
The other issue is I'm guessing where to slice the image so that it corresponds to the other image - instead of knowing exactly where it is. That's not a huge problem, as I can blend it in stage setup, but again, I'd prefer to be precise.
Also, just wondering - do you use the alignment grid or do you use another test pattern - meaning not one in the projector, but an image of one, to line up the blend? Just thinking if there's something patterned in a regular way, it might be best for blending.
USB microphones could you recommend that you tested with Isadora? Also wireless microphones, if there are those running through a usb connection.
There are so many cheap varieties of usb mic’s, including the headset variety. In my experience I have had unreliable performance from these because the build quality is low and many have simply fallen apart.
I have used an Avid Mbox mini as a usb audio interface and have found it to be a robust piece of equipment with good quality IO for one or two microphones. Because it has standard xlr cable ports with phantom power, many microphones are compatible, including wireless lavaliere sets.
The Mbox is a portable form factor however, it would be interesting to look into other quality audio interfaces available in a small box with a reasonable price tag.
@woland Hi, yes I have used pico on latest design, in the pic attached the distance is about 12M.
Because of the nature of the show the lighting design was so low my normal projector was too bright, and there was not a lot of opportunity to blackout/cover the light without seeing the shadow cutting across, hence breaking the illusion, the pico fixed this.
Depending on the make, the problem with the sd card on short loop is text info will appear for a few seconds on every loop, so a long movie file is required
I've had huge success sending MIDI Show Control (MSC) from QLab and ETC Ion/Nomad lighting consoles to trigger Isadora (via MIDI Show Control Watcher actors paired with comparators), in conjunction with using @dbengali (Mac) and @djinoui 's (Windows) JumpByName custom Isadora plugins and then prefacing Scene names with MSC cue #'s.
Just to reiterate the use of cat 6 cable and to add that if your cable is running through a theatre grid or near other cables that could produce interference it is my experience that shielded cat 6 cable is a good idea. I got a local av company to make up a 40 mtr shielded cat 6 cable for this purpose. It was not cheap but I have been able to hire it back to the theatre a number of times for other shows because it reduces so many issues when using video extenders through their 'noisy' grid.
I think these are very similar to what Isadora already uses, just the parameters are wrapped in JSON... where Isadora is using a comment structure. Perhaps I will spend sometime converting a couple, and if successful right up a how to.
Thanks for the offer, but I have some specific ideas on how to improve the modularity and flexibility of the system using new features within Isadora. Also, specific integrations with custom plugins, that I am far from ready to release ;)
As I learn, I will post and share. I'm sure a couple tutorials will come.
I am thinking the text file that the Data Array writes to can store data for each user over the duration of the installation, that way there is a useful database file that can be used for quantitative evaluation of the production overall, that has compiled itself using Isadora.
This is a slight modification of your patch file, which is focused toward outputting to a visual display in the control panel. To me it looks like the Data Array could be doing more by storing the data over a number of sessions or days.
Anyway there is some nice work in your patch. I don’t think I would be able to ‘see’ a solution so directly as that.
I'm currently working on a installation where we are translating music for deaf people to other senses. So think about vibration, light, smell, etc. But I can see this working for theatre sets as well ! Saturday we have our first playsession, will collect photo's / etc and create a new thread with more detail :)
Thanks guys, tomorrow we go on stage. At moment I've installed Isadora on another machine and it's works with some compromise about automations. When we stop to perform ( around beginning of December) I'll try to go deeply on this issue.