It would be very helpful if you could supply us with your current system specifications. If you look at my forum signature you will see that I breakdown the specifications of my system. This is a common and convenient way of providing this information to forum users.
Are you on Windows or Mac? What make/model system are you running?
Often things can be a little different on a laptop compared to a desktop system. Also, it would be helpful to know what types of displays you have connected.
Welcome to the Isadora community forum. I hear that you have the same issue, could you please be so kind to reach out to our support staff by creating a new ticket? They will help you further / ask for additional information.
thank you for answering here. Interestingly today the issue disappeared right after starting the machine the first time. I had this situation quite some times, even restarting not helping, but suddenly just disapearing.
Thank you!! Just tested and it worked with HAP in a .MOV wrapper. Will test with HapAlpha as well. I swear I tried this solution, but I tried so many different combinations that at this point who knows.
Thank you so much for your help!
EDIT: For anyone coming here from a future search, I did indeed test with HapAlpha and it worked as well.
I can confirm that I've experienced similar behavior in during the past several months. I first encountered it while using Isadora on Windows 10 computers, but then found it would also occur on some but not all Mac OS computers (using similar OS versions). It would only happen when I would jump to a new scene and had an enter scene trigger into the PJ link actor. I went about a couple different methods of resolving this including creating a second instance of Isadora that would sit in one scene and just send shutter commands when necessary, and also similar to what @Woland suggested--introducing a very short delay between the enter scene trigger and the PJ Link actor.
I'd submitted crash logs and created a topic and found a couple other folks on the forum having trouble with this, so I thought I'd chime in here to add a plus one and hope this can be addressed. It's been okay with the work-arounds, but it had been working very well previously, so I'd love to help find a solution for this.
This was it! I have a dedicated network for the show. However, I was in my studio and the mobile was trying to connect to the networks. I solved it by switching off the automatically connect to the network.
I did some more testing, and I was able to successfully open IzzyMap in this way when it is 3 User Actor levels in, but only sometimes. @Woland reported to me today that they were unable to reproduce the issue when doing a quick test. I have LOGGED the issue, I am sure it will be prioritized for a future release, but I don't think I can offer any workaround or fix at this time.
What type of calibration are you having to do? I've created tools for calibration in the past that used the Control Panel to make adjustments and would read the settings in from a Text file on startup. Perhaps there is some solution to the problem that doesn't require opening Izzymap from within User Actors.
in the patch I'm currently working on, I can't activate the audio option through VIEW -> AUDIO, or CTRL+ALT+A. It simply does nothing.Former versions of the same patch (I use to keep older versions just in case I want to go back) allow it. I'm not sure what changes could have caused that.
What happened is that, at some point, you just dragged it really far down to get it out of your way instead of using the menu or keyboard shortcut to hide it. Isadora stores the size you manually assign to the views and by dragging it down all the way the "visible" size for it was manually set to a value that didn't let you see the audio view. Thus when you used the menu or keyboard shortcut to switch between showing and hiding it, when it was "shown", it would be at that tiny (non-visible) size and all that'd be visible is the little divider that lets you drag up and down to make it smaller and larger.
I'll log this as a bug. We should detect when the size has be manually set to "0" and then override that value and set it back to the default the next time the view is hidden or shown via the menu or keyboard shortcut.